Who can get a digital NHS COVID Pass?
If you're aged 16 or over, you can get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel. People under 16 may need to show a negative test result.
If you're 18 or over, you can also use your digital NHS COVID Pass for domestic events and venues. People under 18 do not have to show proof of their COVID-19 status for domestic events or venues in England.
Some venues and events are legally required to check the Covid status of visitors over 18. This applies to:
- indoor unseated venues with more than 500 people
- unseated outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people
- any venue with more than 10,000 people
You can now only enter these venues if you can show:
- an NHS Covid Pass confirming you've been vaccinated with two doses of an approved vaccine (or a single-dose of Janssen vaccine)
- a negative PCR or rapid lateral flow test (LFT) result, taken within the last 48 hours (the NHS Covid Pass can also show this as long as you've reported the LFT)
- you have a medical exemption or are taking part in a clinical trial
You have to use an NHS test for this, and must report your LFT result online or by calling 119.
Proof of natural immunity - for instance, a positive PCR test taken in the past six months - is not accepted as an alternative to proof of vaccination or a recent test.
Some large events aren't included in the rules, including communal worship, wedding ceremonies, funerals, protests and mass-participation sporting events (such as a marathon).
If you had your vaccination in the UK or the Isle of Man, it will automatically show on your NHS vaccination record within 5 days.
How long a digital NHS COVID Pass is valid for?
If you've had:
- a vaccine used in the UK – your NHS COVID Pass lasts for 30 days, but the 30 day period refreshes every time you log in
- a negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test – your NHS COVID Pass is valid for 48 hours after a negative result
- a positive PCR test – your NHS COVID Pass lasts 30 days, but the 30 day period refreshes every time you log in (for up to 180 days after you took the test)
If you download your digital NHS COVID Pass as a PDF, always check the expiry date before using it.
If you're fully vaccinated or had a positive test result, the barcode on a PDF is valid for 30 days.
The NHS App may ask you to confirm your phone number when you log in. If you do not confirm it, your NHS COVID Pass will be valid for 72 hours.
There are several ways in which you can obtain a COVID passport.
Via the NHS App
To get a digital COVID Pass you can obtain one by downloading the NHS App https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/
The follow the instructions in the App
If you are unable to download the App you are able to obtain the pass online
You will need to be registered with a GP and you will need to create a NHS log in (if you don’t already have one)
You can download your digital NHS COVID Pass and print it.
If you cannot apply digitally using the NHS App or online service, you can ask for an NHS COVID Pass letter to be sent to you by post. Please note that booster vaccinations will not show on the NHS COVID pass letter.
If you are not registered with a GP you can use your NHS number. This is available on any letters you have received from any NHS Service provider.
The letter will be sent to the address you have registered with the NHS (usually the address you have registered with your GP.
You can request the letter online https://www.covid-status-letter.service.nhs.uk/do-you-know-nhs-number
You can call NHS119, it would be useful to have your NHS number available when you call to speed the process up.