If you would like help making a complaint, the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides impartial advice and assistance in answering questions and resolving concerns that patients, their relatives, friends and carers might have accessing the NHS services provided by UCLH.

How can PALS help?

  • Listen to your concerns, worries, fears and queries about your experience in hospital. Whether you have a compliment, feedback, or concern that you have not been able to sort out on the ward or in a department, we can help you to resolve it.
  • They can help you to resolve concerns informally by talking with staff and senior managers on your behalf.
  • They will take note of what you say to help us to improve the service our hospitals offer to patients. We can receive and report patient feedback.
  • Help you navigate the Trust systems and services, providing information and advice
  • Assist service users with disability or with multiple service involvement, who are experiencing problems accessing the Trust’s hospital services.
  • Supporting patients with learning disabilities and their carers.
  • They can advise you on referral to outside advocacy services should you need them.
  • Give details on how to make a complaint.
  • They will do everything we can to help, but please be aware we are not an emergency service.

PALS can be accessed by telephone (020 3447 3042) or email: uclh.pals@nhs.net

You can write to PALS at:

Ground Floor Atrium
University College Hospital
235 Euston Road

How to Make a Complaint

If you would like to make a formal complaint against University College Hospital, please fill out their complaints form at: https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/contact/compliments-complaints-comments-and-suggestions

Your Views

You can also provide feedback by visiting: https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/help-and-support/compliments-and-complaints


If you need help or support to make your complaint, please visit the POhWER web site at: https://www.pohwer.net/city-of-london. POhWER delivers a range of advocacy services in the City of London including Independent Health Complaints Advocacy. To make a referral to the advocacy services in the City of London, you can download the form at: NHS Complaints Advocacy referral form 

If you would like to share your feedback about health and care services with Healthwatch City of London or are looking for local support, you can reach us via our email at: info@healthwatchcityoflondon.org.uk or via telephone: 020 3745 9563