Each of the hospitals under the trust have their own PALS service. If you feel that the service, you have received has not lived up to their high standards you can make a complaint by going to Patient Advice and Liaison Service, (PALS) to resolve any issues.
How can PALS help?
- They ask that you firstly try to speak to a member of staff within the ward or clinical area you are visiting as staff will do their best to resolve issues. If you are unable to resolve your issue, our PALs service will advise you and liaise on your behalf with clinical staff and managers to try to resolve your concerns.
- If you have questions about St Bartholomew’s Hospital services or want to know more about their other local service. Or if you have concerns about the care, you or a friend or family member is receiving and have had any problems using services. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service is here to help, offering advice, support and information while you are using their services.
- Their team at all their hospitals always aim to provide safe and compassionate care so they want to hear from you if you feel that they fall short, or you are unhappy with the care you have received.
- They are able to help you with health-related questions and resolving concerns you have about your health care as well as helping you to raise a complaint if you feel it is necessary.
How to get in touch with PALS in person
Visit our drop-in service at the following locations:
- The Royal London and Mile End – the Patient and Family Contact Centre, ground floor, Stepney Way atrium, 10am-5pm, Monday-Friday
- St Bartholomew's Hospital - Kenton Lucas Building - ground floor, 9.30am-4.30pm, Monday – Friday
- Newham University Hospital – zone 1, St Andrews Wing, 9.30am-4.30pm, Monday – Friday
- Whipps Cross University Hospital – junction 4 in the main building, 9.30am-4.30pm, Monday – Friday
How to get in touch with PALS over the phone or by email
- Royal London 020 3594 2040
RLHpals.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- St Bartholomew's 020 3465 5919
- Newham 020 7363 9292
- Whipps Cross 020 8535 6438/0788 0553 520
How to Make a Complaint
If you would like to make a formal complaint against St Bartholomew’s Hospital, there is a Central Complaints Service for Barts Health Hospitals. You can reach them by email at: email@example.com or ring them on 020 7480 4776. You can also make a complaint using their online form at: Making a complaint - Barts Health NHS Trust, They also provide a guide to making comments, compliments and complaints at: leaflet [pdf] 1MB
If you need help or support to make your complaint, please visit the POhWER web site at: https://www.pohwer.net/city-of-london. POhWER delivers a range of advocacy services in the City of London including Independent Health Complaints Advocacy. To make a referral to the advocacy services in the City of London, you can download the form at: NHS Complaints Advocacy referral form
If you would like to share your feedback about health and care services with Healthwatch City of London or are looking for local support, you can reach us via our email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone: 020 3745 9563