Residents wanted to help shape health and care
Do you live or work in the City? Are you interested in supporting residents’ voices to be heard?
We are looking for people to help develop new ways to support people to live longer, healthier and happier lives. We will have an information session for the 'Healthy Living Champions' group on Wednesday 5 December from 5-7pm at Hackney CVS (The Adiaha Antigha Centre, 24-30 Dalston Ln, E8 3AZ) - RSVP to 02079238358 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a chance to ask questions and there's no obligation to stay involved.
Areas to have a say on
- Prevention: tackling obesity, supporting people to better manage their diabetes and other long-term conditions, stopping smoking, physical activity in the community.
- Children, young people, maternity
- Neighbourhoods: GPs joining up with hospital, community, mental health, social and voluntary services on the local neighbourhood level.
- Planned care: primary care/GPs, adult social care, outpatients, cancer
- Unplanned care: urgent/emergency care and hospital discharge.
- Public representative for Prevention (two-hour meeting every two months, reading meeting papers in advance, and being confident to present your views).
- Healthy Living Champions group.
- Neighbourhoods residents and patients panel (meets monthly)
- Young Parents Advisory panel (meets four times a year).
These roles are part of work linking up the NHS, social care and public health to improve residents’ health and wellbeing. Find out more about this work here.
How to apply
Please complete and return this application form by 7 December 2018.
Any time you can give is appreciated. It is up to you how you get involved and we can discuss options.
You do not need to be actively accessing a health service. We also provide training and support.
Please contact 020 7923 8358 or email email@example.com with any questions.