Meet the team
Healthwatch City of London is an independent organisation, led by its chair and committee, with the help of its staff.
As your local Healthwatch we want to involve people of all ages and from all sections of the community, building on existing groups to ensure continuity, and reaching out into parts of the community that do not currently have a voice. Healthwatch will help you get the best from your local health and social care services.
We want to make a real different to the people of City of London’s lives through championing the health and wellbeing of its residents.
At Healthwatch City of London:
- We have taken on the work of the Local Involvement Networks (LINks)
- We represent the views of local residents and workers about their needs and experience of local health and care services
- We make reports and recommendations about how those services could or should be improved
- We provide information and advice to help people access and make choices about their local services
- We work closely with the Health and Wellbeing Board set up by the City of London
- We report concerns about the quality of health care to Healthwatch England, which can then recommend that the Care Quality Commission take action
- We represent the views and experiences of people from the City of London with Healthwatch England helping it to carry out its role as national champion
- We represent people of all ages
- We represent people who use both health and social care services including dentists, pharmacists and opticians.
- We represent City of London residents but also workers who use services in The City.